The existence of God is proven in…
1) Nature- the wonders of the world are the beauty of His creation; I am awe struck at the majestic landscape of our earth
2) Parental figures- their open loving arms are physical models of Christ as the shepherd of His flock
3) Charities/Missions- when we serve our brothers and sisters we are serving the least of His people, thus, directly serving Him
4) Me- I am called to a unique stewardship that leads my heart
5) Sacraments- I believe that these miracles of faith are the most direct experience of God’s presence
Reasons why I think God exists:
1. Love. God is love. Without God, the love we feel for others and for Him would not exist. We wouldn't be able to care for others and have compassion for others without God.
2. I truly feel God's presence when I spend time with others. Through my relationships with my friends and family, I see the essence of God.
3. I believe that when babies are born, it's a sign that God exists. Each time a new life enters the world, we see another human made in the image of God.
4. I find that I often feel God's presence and existence when I pray. I feel comforted and I know God is listening to my thoughts and prayers.
5. Cookies and Cream ice cream. Let's be honest, that stuff comes from the heavens. I know God exists when I enjoy the little things in life, like ice cream, an awesome Taylor Swift song, or a particularly funny episode of Modern Family.
One example that proves to me that God exists is going to the beach. Just the sheer beauty of the water, the sand, and the sunset proves to me there has to be God for this amazing scene of nature to exist. Another example is that I have walked away from two tramatizing car accidents without a scrape or scratch on me. A third reason that shows God exists is the people of Lifeteen who are so loving and accepting. I can see God in each of them through their actions. A fourth way that proves God's existence to me is when random people or strangers do acts of kindness. It gives me hope for the world and more faith in God. A final example is babies. When I see a baby I think of the wonderful miracle of life that I feel without God would not exist.
God’s existence is hard to answer in my life. I do believe his existence, but there are many questions that remain unanswered for me; both pertaining to his divine existence and to my own life. It is more than evident that something had to have created the world we live in, and more broadly, the universe that it is a part of- but how and why is a question that remains unanswered for me. I do not want to give empty answers that mean nothing to me to something that I am still trying to come to know; that would not be genuine on my part. I do not believe that I will fully be able to grasp the existence of God our Father until I am closer to myself. I have met many a battle that has sometimes shifted my faith, but I want to be able to count example of his existence on my hand someday; I envy those who can do that without thinking. I particularly think that it is hard to answer in my life because I have not left much time for myself; to work on me. I hope that this course and the general passage of time in my life will help me to generate such a list without a thought or hesitation.
To tell where God exists is simply impossible to answer; however to feel the presence of the Lord, anyone can figure out. No one can prove where God is present but to believe is key. I feel God mostly through people. Being able to be yourself around family, friends, coaches, teachers, and new people brings me to believe God gives confidence. When help or opportunities are aroused confidence is very powerful. Anyone can do anything when confidence is presant and the only thing strong enough to provide that is God. which brings me to my second way that God is confidence. A third way that I feel God is in physical nature. I love to be outdoors and apart of the earth. I love to hunt and being in the woods is a great way to find peace where God is everywhere. No man can take away all of nature because God rules all, i believe God is everything. Another way is i feel God in emotional or human nature. No man can fight the nature of human beings because no man is stronger than who brought us here in the first place which is God. When nature is tested, meaning going against feelings or simple way of life it causes chaos. Fighting nature of human beings as in human rights and dignity is fighting the nature that God has built. No man can fight against nature of feelings and humans. My last way i feel the presence of God is through myself. Not because i was told God is in us all but I think its more deeper than that. In ourselves we have thoughts, actions, and beliefs. In order to answer this question or any prompt we need a beginning, a way to see, a way to think, a way to come back with an answer. We all have different values and conditions we live by but that doesn't come from force. It is how everyone is and its the nature of everyone being themselves. There has to be a beginning and one beginning is within myself, created by God. Everyone has a struggle and everyone will fight their own fight. We are here to find ourselves and values and to overcome anything in the way to find light and happiness. God is simply our presence within ourselves. Nothing is relived and nothing is known to come. Living in the present is living in ourselves which is God.
Reasons why I think God exists:
1) Adoration. There are some times in adoration where it is impossible for me to doubt that I feel God's presence, like when I (or people around me) start laughing or crying uncontrolably, or when people rest in the spirit/ speak in tongues.
2) Music. I think songs can really speak to you, and how cool is that? You can feel the music, and certain songs can make you feel specific ways. I don't think that's a coincidence.
3) The Incorruptables. Just the fact that there are saints whose bodies/ body parts haven't corrupted and there is no scientic explanation for it is amazing.
4) Us. Who else could have created such phenominally complex beings, and our minds?
5) Love. God IS love. All of the love that we have comes from God and he is the ultimate example of love.
1. Birth/Death - I believe God's presence is evident at the time of a baby's birth, and a person's death. This is because it is a miracle to be born, and i believe it is an act of God's kindness to bring a new born into the world. Also, I believe God takes people out of this world when he feels it is their time to go - and they have accomplished God's will for them. I also accept the theory "Heaven" and I understand, due to my faith, everyone lives eternally with God in this glorious place we know as Heaven.
2. Family - When I'm around my family, I feel the presence of the Lord because there is always laughter filling the house. Everywhere we go there is laughter, jokes, and cheer filling the air. I have been blessed with a family who is close with each other, so my relationship with my parents and siblings is a true gift from God.
3. Friends - I am truly thankful for the friends God has put into and out of my life. I believe it's not just the friends God puts into my life, but also the friends he takes out of my life. This forces me to look up to God and depend on him to help me out of my friendship issues. When I am around my friends, i feel nothing but happiness and joy. This triggers me to believe God is there because "God is good, all the time."
4. Nature/Landscape - The beauty this earth has produced can only be the work of the Lord because it is that magnificent. The blessings we have on this earth are endless gifts from God and i appreciate every single one of them. The monuments, hills, mountain ranges, buildings, and more are all creations from God working through the hands of the citizens on earth today. Breathing in the air every morning, hearing the birds chirping, and seeing the seasons change make me realize this would not be possible without the work of a generous creator - God.
5. When I'm physically/emotionally hurting - This may sound like a weird or unusual way for someone to experience God in the world today, but this is the strongest way i feel God. When I am emotionally unstable, or physically hurting, I have no choice but to look up. God makes me realize he is still there, when everyone else left/leaves me. I believe God is my best friend because he is always there for me, and i can feel it. When my aunt died, I cried every night to God, and progressively I got better - and more stable. When my life gets better, I understand it's the work of the Lord, lifting my spirits to get me back on the track to Heaven - physically and emotionally.
Reasons why God exsists:
1. Music- music speaks to each and every one of us, and God gave the artists talents to give us the music. It's a good way to help through difficult times, even if we don't connect directly with God.
2. Friends- Every day when i walk into school and see my friends, I see that God has put each of them in my life for a reason. Even people im more of acquantinces with have been there to help me when i needed it most.
3. Family- My family and i are very close, and we do almost everything together. Also, my family has helped to build and strengthen my relationship with God.
4. Retreats/Prayer- when going on retreats, with school and church, many people feel His prescence with them. No matter what happens before or after that moment, during prayer, there is a certain calm and peacefulness when we are certain God is with us.
5. School- No matter how difficult school is, we all manage to get through it and succeed. God helps give us this success because he does not put us in any position we cannot get through.
I think that it is difficult to identify proof of God's existence. Personally, I don't know what I am to believe on the matter of God. For me, the idea of God is such a transparent idea to grasp. Sometimes I wonder whether the Catholic view of God is even real because I feel so "brainwashed" to believe it in the first place. I want to come to know God on my own terms, not because I am told to. I haven't had a life-changing moment that would make me have faith. Honestly, I don't even think about religion; I just have so many other things on my mind. Maybe someday I'll have a revelation and know God, but at the moment I am confused on what to believe. Hopefully in the future I will gain an understanding of myself to generate a better answer to this question.
I believe that God is present in family. Family is always there for us and loves us unconditionally, just like God does. Family loves us no matter what, even if we mess up. God will always love us, and he is seen through all of our family members. God is also seen through our friends. Like family, friends are always here for us. God is seen through them. They do things for us and love us like God does. God's existence is seen through love. God loved us so much that he gave his only son for us, Jesus Christ. Love gives us the opportunity to experience love because he loves us so much. God's existence is also seen through life. Life is a gift and should always be cherished. God loves us so much that he gave us life. Life is a beautiful and God wants us to experience life through him. Lastly, God is seen through nature. He gives us these beautiful landscapes so that we can see how great He is. He wants us to see this beauty, and know that he is always with us. He never leaves us and can be seen through all 5 of these examples.
1) People. God created each and every one of us for something completely different than one another. Maybe even for some of us to cross paths, He intended it.
2) Saints/Role models. The figures in our lives that do more than we could ever ask for, even without realizing. Including family and friends.
3) Music. For the times when we can't put into words how we are feeling, how people like me express themselves.
4) Prayer. Your own personal relationship with God. it's as strong or weak as you make it.
5) Love. Unconditionally given to us even when we may not deserve it.
I believe that everything in life is a gift from God. This can be seen just by taking a look outside or thinking of the people in my life. When in doubt, I'm always reminding myself that God gave us life and put us here on earth for a reason, although many may not know why or understand that reason. He put us here to do what we are called to do; something that will leave a mark on this planet. God's existence shows most through family and friends. Family are the people you will always have, through the good and bad. No matter what they will still love you. They are who love you from before the time of birth and help and teach you. Friends and significant people in your life are there to help you and display the presence of God's good. I also believe God is displayed through myself. Each person has the right to be who they want. He made each and every person in this world different for a reason. If everyone was the same then there would be no point in Him even creating people here on earth. God exists in many ways and it's hard for me to see that a lot. Sometimes I really have to think about how he makes a mark in my life and I think a lot of people take the many gifts he gives us for granted. Taking a moment like this truly makes me realize how he marks his existence being shown in very simple ways and is here all the time.
I do not see the existence of God in my life, sure I can say I see God in nature or the beauty of the world but I do not look at the world that way. I sometimes do i like to think that hawks mean that I am being watched by something and feel protected. I can see the presence of God in past modern day miracles like Fatima or Medjugorje and the miracles of Jesus which are recorded in history that they did happen and the events surrounding Jesus are true. I see God and the Catholic faith as a place of hope for hope is what can save lives and give people a purpose. I see the religion I follow as a way to live, to live rightly. The rules the bible sets out is a moral code of ethics to follow and to follow these rules means to be a good person. It is hard for me to see the existence of God because I see some things that prove the existence of God like miracles but I see the faith as moral guidelines and rules to make us better people in the world to make the world just a little better. Maybe that is the existence of God to make this world a little better by the end of each day then at the beginning.
Reasons why God exsists:
1. Family/Friends- They both come down to love. Each one never fails to put a smile on my face and when something is bothering me, someone is always there to pick me up and support me. I am never alone with the encouragment and constant love coming from the two most important parts of my life.
2. Natural Diasters- Some may see these as God's punishment on us, but the way I see them are slightly different. Hurricanes, earthquakes, ect. may be devastating, but for something that big to occur it must come form something even greater; God. The aftermath also shows acts of God with the outpouring efforts of help to the victims.
3. Births- Babies are little miracles. God gave the family and the baby a life to live filled with possiblities and potential. A baby can bring hope, love, and a needed spark to someone as a source of pure life and love.
4. Sunrises/Sunsets- Whenever I see this in the morning or at night, it always makes me stop and look. It catches your attention and makes you look at and appreciate the beauty of something that occurs every single day. Every morning and night, the sun rises and sets and we are so caught up in our busy lives that we dont even realize it happens sometimes. With the sun drawing our attention it's hard not to acknowledge its beauty and take a minute just to look at God's great work and gift to us.
5. Night Sky- On a clear night, the stars and the moon are so bright and truely shows how nig the sky is. The world is so much more than we can imagine and God is the creator of all. The night sky demonstrates how great God is and that we are apart of something so big; even on other universes. The moon especially makes me wonder about who else sees the same thing I see. Not just in America, but around the world. We all have the smae moon and sun; this in a way unites us. God unites and expresses His love for us in numerous ways.
In my life I have experienced God when I was throwing. I was about to throw my discus for a big competition but it was so cloudy and about to rain. Before I wen to throw I whispered to myself, "God please shine down on me". The sky opened up and for the first time that day it was sunny. That day I ended up winning that meet. Also I feel God is a partof us. He put himself in each and every one of us. So, in the long run, we know a piece of God based on all the people we encounter. God also exists because we believe that he is somewhere up in heaven. Our religion wouldn't be in existence if we did not believe in a greater power or a deeper meaning. God also exists because we somehow got here on Earth. We exist and one day God will to. Because of our belief in him he exists. Lastly God exists because of our dedication to our faith. I will be honest, faith is lost, but somehow we get back on the path that we want in our life and find God again. We have faith that even though we can't see God physically, we know his presence is always with us.
God exists in my life and in the world around me in many ways, including:
1. Family and friends: each of these people were strategically placed into my life by God so I can learn from them and become a stronger person.
2. Love: God created the love and strong relationships that exist between people.
3. New life: we never have more opportunity to live and succeed than when we are first born into this world of people who love us and want to help us become who we are meant to be.
4. Ability: being able to do anything - play sports, play music, being good at art, being a good friend, putting others before yourself - is such a blessing that sometimes we take advantage of, but it is one of the most important things we have because it is what we use to influence others around us.
5. Nature: the landscape and beauty of the earth that we are blessed to live on amazes me. Whether I'm driving through the mountains or on the beach on vacation, or walking out my front door to see the sun shining and the warmth of the air in the summer, I become astounded with how beautifully each part was created so carefully, and I thank God for giving us the opportunity to see such a stunning sight.
Sometimes in my life it is hard for me to recognize God's presence. Oftentimes I am busy and I forget to look and realize the beauty of the world around me. This can cause me to take things for granted and not always appreciate them. When I do take time to look around I am able to see god in many aspects of my life. The hardest part is just stopping and realizing his presence.
My first example of God's existence is answered prayers. I know that after i pray for something to get better or for God's help, God comforts me and answers my prayers in different forms.
The second way i see God's existence is in my parents. I see God's existence through my parents who show me unconditional love every day no matter what I do or say and are always patient and caring with me.
The third way I witness God's existence is with my friends. When my friends and I have the strength to stick together through fights and hard times I know God is helping us.
The fourth way I feel God's presence is in myself. I know God exists when at the hardest times I find strength in myself to keep going and stay positive.
Lastly, I know God exists because of many miracles in the world that are unexplainable. There's no explanation to those wonderful miracles in life, besides that it must have been a sign from God.
Most of the time it is hard for me to see God's existence in my life. I pray constently and my prayers are never answered. Sometimes I get carried away with materialistic things, and forget God is even present in my life. Other times I'm upset that i dont recieve answers to my prayers. This puts doubt into my mind, and makes me question if God is present in my life. Dont get me wrong, I fully believe in all of God and Jesus' work, its just hard sometimes for me to see it.
I definitely belive that God is present in my life and throughout the world.
1. Family-I believe God is evident through my family because of how blessed I am to have them in all that they do for me and how much we love each other.
2. Genuine good in people- I believe that when people do great things for others that it is God working through them, which helps show his existence in the world.
3. Through personal encounters I have come to be closer to my faith and seeing God's existence
4. Nature- God is evident when you just look into nature and see all of its beauty
5. Prayer- God is evident when you send your prayers to him and some of them are answered
God is everywhere and anywhere. Even though we do not see him he is always there. One place where I have seen God is through my family. They have never failed to stop loving me and caring for me. They are always there for me no matter what. Another place I've seen God is when i volunteered at a nursing home. Even though you could see all the men and women struggling they still managed to keep a smile on their faces. They also would always know the right way to make you laugh. I have also seen God when my brother got injured playing hockey. I prayed that he would be okay and my prayer was answered. I also see him through my friends. No matter what they are there for me through thick and thin and always know how to cheer me up. Lastly, I see God through nature and the beauty of it.
I see God in my life everyday. I see God in the love that my family has for me. My family is always there for me no matter what and support me in everything that I do. They love me unconditionally and I know that I can depend on them for anything. I see God in nature. God created the earth and everything on it and everything in nature is beautiful to me. I see God everyday at NDCL. The environment at school is one that I love being in, and the way everyone in the building interacts with each other shows me that God exists in all of us. I see God in all of my friends. The way we are always able to laugh and have a good time with each other is one of the many reasons that I love being with my friends and I know that God is there with us. Finally, I see God in my coaches/teachers/parents and anyone that I look up to and view as a role model. They are the type of people that I strive to be like and they have such an influence on my life.
Many people only point out the absence of God in everyday life. if, for example, a tragedy occurs, many will exclaim that "if there is a God, He wouldn't let this happen!" However, I find it to be quite easy to notice God's presence in everything around us. When a tragedy occurs, of course it happens for a reason, but also God is in each one of the first responders to an accident. He is within every police officer running to the call of someone in need and in the doctors who work tirelessly to save the lives of our fellow brothers in sisters in this world. Most importantly to us though, God is in our family who supports us and surrounds us with love every day. They are the reason that we are who we are and we should notice God's love radiating out of them..
I believe that everyone is called to experience God in their own way. I have been blessed to see the beauty of God on many different levels and situations and know that he exists. Here are five examples of how I know.
1. The eyes of a child- In El Salvador in 2009 I had an experience that changed me forever. Through all the poverty and pain that I saw I experienced God through a smile of a little girl. I was completely mesmerized and honestly for a moment felt like I was looking in the eyes of God. He shows his existence through the innocence and gentleness of a child.
2. My parents- I see the presence of God through my parents. I am blessed that they have given me an education and have taught me my faith. No matter how many times I mess up and sin, they are always ready to accept me.
3 Nature- Walking through nature I am in awe seeing all the beauty of the world. God shows his existence through nature and at times how perfect it seems.
4. People I encounter- I see God every day in the people that I encounter. I have seen the Lord work miracles through my friends and I know through them that he exists.
5.Suffering- Another reason I know that God exists is that I experience him through suffering. When I am at my lowest point in my life and feel like I cannot go on, God picks me up and gets me through it. We have such a loving God that he tells us to trust him and everything will be okay. God has picked me up every single time.
The existence of God is proven to me in...
1. Nature- everything in nature must have been created by something... even if it was just chemical reactions something had to be a catylist
2. Paterns- the world is too symetrical and planed out to not have a creator
3. Science- everything happens because of science? How did science come about?
4. Ability- everyone has some special ability and can do things that others can't. where did this ability come from-- God.
5. Human Nature- humans do things for a reason. this reason can not be completely linked to science, which is an act of God, however it can be explained by a higher power aka God.
I personally believe that every day God gives us examples that he exists and that he loves us. For example, nature is excellent proof that God exists. Our Earth is beautifully landscaped and is so full of many different life forms which causes me to have no doubt that God is the creator. Second, family is proof God exists. God gave us families to love and care for us which has a significant positive impact on our lives and the way we live them. The simple fact that we were given the gift of life is enough evidence to prove that one, true, loving, all-powerful God exists.Friends are another example God exists because friends love and care for eachother which is similar to what many families do for eachother. I know that whenever I am upset for whatever reason, I can turn to one of my friends or family members for love and support, which is similar to how Jesus turned to his parents and God for love and support. In addition, the Church is proof God exists. The Church accomplishes many good deeds every day, and I believe the ultimate source of these good deeds is God. Finally, miracles are proof that God exists. Whenever I lose something or I am in need of a miracle, big or small, I pray to St. Anthony (the patron saint of lost items; he is also associated with miracles). I have been praying to St. Anthony since I was in 4th grade, and ever since, I have found almost every single item that I have lost. I believe that through the power of God, St. Anthony helps me find whatever I have lost.
I believe in God but he leaves so many of my questions unanswered. Like when a tragedy occurs people always say "God meant for that to happen." Those people who say that do not realize that most tragedies can be caused by humans like wild fires and then other tragedies happen because how the earth was made and weather events. I know we can't help stop tragedies from happening but we can notice the nature that is around us on a daily bases that God created for us so we could be one with nature. We should cherish the things we have and the things that are around us everyday because one day they could just vanish like that.
God is difficult to explain in my life. I don't have a generally accepted view of God as being love or anything like that. I feel as though I have the ability to experience God, but I don't know how to do it. As I've grown up, I've become increasingly interested in the universe and consciousness. I've read a lot on the origins of our universe and the origins of ourselves on this planet. It seems that there are so many different ideas out there that have solid backing through scientific evidence explaining our origins that no one idea will ever be proven to be the truth above all others. We just don't know enough about the universe to determine why we are here and who we are, what we are. All of science can tell us what is here and how things are put together, but no one can explain how something composes the next part. For example, take an atom. If you ask science teachers how the quarks inside a proton or neutron compose that proton or neutron, they won't be able to answer it. They'll probably say that "3 quarks make up those particles, they have charges, and they're held together by the strong nuclear force. That makes a proton or neutron." But that doesn't explain how 3 quarks make up a proton or neutron! It only describes what a proton or neutron is made of. But how do those quarks compose the next level? How is it that 3 quarks make a proton, how protons and neutrons and electrons make an atom and atoms can combine to form molecules, which form the solid world around us? Atoms are mostly empty space! Our solid world is just an illusion! Anyone can see what each component is made up of, but no one can answer how those components compose the next part.
We humans really don't know what we're doing here. We don't even know what we are. Everything we perceive is part of our mind. How do we know that this isn't just some dream? When have you ever been in a dream and realized, oh, it's a dream. We only realize it when we wake up. But wake up to what? How do we know that where we are right now isn't a dream. This whole idea that we can dream. This idea that we can imagine. That we have some mystical part of our brain that sees things that aren't really there, puts them into position, and gives us a whole new realm to live in that we experience and accept at that moment as real. What the heck is that?! In quantum mechanics, all rules in our world disappear. There's this thing called a superstate in which a subatomic particle is moving around and stationary at the same time. Furthermore, just by looking at photons or electrons in the duel slit experiment, we change the outcome of the experiment. How does that even happen?! We live in this world we don't even understand. We're limited to our experiences and what we see. For all we know, there can be an infinite number of universes out there harboring hundreds of billions of galaxies and stars and planets and other sentient beings like us. We may like to believe we know what this is. We like to think we know what we are so that we feel good at night, but I really think we don't know anything about this. I mean, what is this? What is life? I live on this earth and I pilot this flesh vehicle of mine around and do things and I'm coexisting with other flesh vehicles moving around everywhere. And what if this goes on forever?! How is it that we can have this idea no one else has had, like a product, then go and design it and, boom, it exists in our world. Where does that come from? We could say it's just chemical synapses between the neurons in our brain, but where does that signal come from, how does that become our idea, what is the root? We really have no idea. You know, there's a strong correlation between positive thought and positive results in the real world. It's all connected. What we believe is what we see and what we see is based on our beliefs. Our world is created by our own imagination. This reality could just be someone imagining it or a combination of people's imaginations. And we don't understand any of it.
So I guess my answer to this question is that God is difficult to answer in my life because I, like many people, can try to explain where I see God in the world, but unfortunately, I can't even explain what this world is. If my description of God in this world is based on something I can't even explain (existence itself), I can't really notice God, can I, because it might only depend on what I want to imagine. If I imagine his existence, I see him in this world. If I don't imagine he is here, I don't see him. Therefore, it is hard for me to answer God's existence. I could pretend that I know what this thing we're living in is, but I just don't know. I could pretend that I know what God is to say where I see him, but I can't do that. I just don't know what this thing of existence is.
Scientifically spiritiual. I can't wait to talk about this in class. Well done.
God is a difficult concept to grasp. Every person has their own beliefs and views on His existence. As the years progress and society changes, i find that God and the church are the only things in my life that stay constant. God's love for me and every single person in this world amazes me. i see proof of God's existence in the little and big things of life. nature, being with people i love, my health and my endless blessings, people all around me, and even in the struggles of my life i see God. i know he is always with me and loves me like no one on this planet can. no matter how far i stray from him or how many times i make bad choices, i know he can forgive me and guide me to be the person He made me to be
While we may not be able to physically see God, I believe that He exists and makes His presence known in our daily lives. God does not make Himself known only to Christians or just to people who live pious lives. He lives and works through everything and everyone. Here are five examples of his omnipresence:
1. I believe God has helped me in my times of need. There have been many instances where I was tired, stressed, and unsure of where to head in my life. At these times, I prayed to God to ask for His help and guidance. After praying, I felt renewed and strengthened and was able to carry on.
2. God is also present in the Mass. I feel a sense of unity with other Christians as we recite prayers and sing the praises of God during Mass. The respectful silence during the preparation of the gifts and the heartfelt alleluias before the Gospel show me that God must be present in His Church and in His people.
3. God is present in creation. Newborn children are amazing gift of life. We also have given us trees and plants for energy and animals for companionship. Our world is covered with scenic mountain ranges, beautiful beaches, and lush forests. The life that all of these things hold and the awe that they inspire offer signs of God’s existence.
4. Miracles are an example of the presence of God. Hospital patients become healthy after they are told they have only months to live. People survive seemingly deadly storms, car crashes, and accidents. These miracles baffle us, and there are many times when we have no explanation for them. I believe this shows that God is watching over us and that He comes to our aid.
5. The love that we feel and share with others connects to God as well. There is romantic love, familial love, platonic love, and friendly love. Love is more than a feeling. It is concern and compassion for our friends, family, and neighbors. Love is sacrifice, happiness, attraction, and more. Love is powerful and truly speaks of the presence of God. God loves all of us, no matter who we are. He wants to show us His love just as we have a desire to love others.
I see proof of God's existence in:
1. Our existence- It is hard for me to believe that we are here by mere scientific coincidence. I believe God caused this.
2. People- Our ability to do good and love is not something given to us by science, but by something more divine.
3. Protection- Although He cannot keep us all safe from everything, I believe God has done many things to keep my family safe.
4. Miracles- When something cannot be explained, there is only one thing to believe; that it was God's will.
5. Jesus- He sent his son down to us to prove to us that there is more than just this earth, but life in Heaven.
1. God is in my life through my struggles. He helps me be strong enough to overcome them and to not let them bring me down. If it were not for God I would not be able to live my life because I would be consumed by my hardships.
2. God is in the world around me everyday and every time a baby is born. It is a common miracle, but a miracle none the less because a lot could go wrong during childbirth. So every time a baby is born, that is God's hand at work.
3. God gave me my golf talents. Every time I go out and play a round of golf or even just practice, that is how God is with me. He shines through during the times that I use the gifts and talents He has given me.
4. God is present to everyone in the world, but even more specifically to my Aunt Rosemary. She overcame breast cancer, and every night I would pray to God that she would continue to get get better. God answered my prayers and my aunt is now a survivor. None of this would be possible without God.
5. God is present to me in my friends. I have been blessed with the friendship that God has placed in my path. They are loyal and caring and such an amazing support system for me to have with me and I thank God everyday for putting them in my life.
The existence of God can be a very difficult concept to grasp. I believe there is a God. Through these five reasons I believe in the existence of God…
1) The Holy Bible. God himself is the author of the Bible. The Bible describes Christ's entire life journey. It also supplies us with knowledge on how to live our own lives righteously. The truths found in the Bible were not made up stories; they are facts, handed down through written and oral tradition. God, Holy Spirit, is the author of the bible. I don't deny the fact that Paulo Coelho wrote the Alchemist and therefore I don't deny the fact God wrote the Bible and furthermore I don't deny the existence of God.
2) Humans. We are remarkable creatures. The fact that we can walk, talk, play sports, solve complex equations and exhibit emotions truly is one of a kind. Humans are so complex that they must have been crafted by the hands of God. Our pure existence is because of God. We must have been modeled after someone. As stated in the Bible, we are made in the image and likeliness of God.
3) My Life. Through many events in my life I have come to see God's existence. Events in my life have been too ironic to be true. Driving through highway 44 in Missouri last year and all the hotels being booked in a certain town. We called EVERY hotel in this town and no rooms were available. After waking up the next morning in a town 30 miles away I turned in the T.V. and saw that the entire town of Joplin was gone. We tried to stay in Joplin that night. But by the power of God we did not.
4) Miracles. From cancer disappearing to wounds being healed. Numerous miracles can be attested in the Bible as well as the miracles happening everyday today. I know that it is events like this that cannot be done by anyone other than God.
5) I believe! "Only the fool says in his heart: There is no God" (Ps. 13:1). Deep down in my heart I believe that there is a God. I see God every single day. I see him through the people I interact with; their happiness, their love, their emotion. I believe God exists in my heart and it’s with this belief alone that I know God exists. God is good all the time. All the time God is good.
Outstanding response. poignant analysis. God is Good!
Five ways that i see the presence of God in my life are:
1. My family, because they are so loving and supporttive and they love me no matter what just like God does.
2. My health is another proof of God's presence because I don't make the healthiest choices, and even though i havent lived a very long life, it's longer than some and I'm happy to have made it this far.
3. Nature is one of my favorite things to see God in, because I love to see how beautiful it is in all it's forms, not just summer, and I especially love rainy days.
4. My happiness is also another way that I see God's presence in my life, because although being happy seems simple not many people are, and I'm grateful to God for giving me the blessing of happiness.
5. Friends are also another way that i see the presence of God. I didn't put friends and family in the same category because family unlike friends don't have to be there for you ,and they aren't stuck with you like parents. They choose to be there which makes them all the more special and cherishable.
Reasons why God exists:
1. parents/family- there unconditional love towards us is the physical aspect of christ.
2.prayers- when God answers your prayers.
3. nature- the beutys of the world and the wonders of the world that are just fasinating.
4.charities-when we help our siblings all around the world we are serving God by helping the weak in our society because if one suffers we all suffer.
5.love- god created love and strong relationships that exist between two people.
I cannot point to one specific example of God's existence in my life for God has blessed in each and every aspect of my life. My friends, my family, and the wonders of nature barely scratch the surface of the blessings God has given me. I do know that God is with me and no one could persuade me otherwise because there is a feeling of emptiness without him and nothing else can fill that void. I thank him everyday for his gifts and I now that I'm older I understand him better.
I question God's existence in my own life based on first hand experiences I have endured. First, I started to question God when my mother passed away six years ago. This took a major toll on my life and I started to resent God for her death. It has been a struggle in my life to find a sense of happiness after this major event in my life. About two years later my grandfather passed as well and I started to ask the question "Why me." After these two events in my life I started to lose faith in God significantly, which is why I have a hard time beleiving that God exists in my life.
Reasons I believe that life is somehow guided by a divine force:
1. The complexity of the human brain cannot be merely meant to serve as a survival tool. No other animals that I am aware of can philosophize or ponder about the secrets of the universe like we can.
2. Common themes of divinity transcend religion, time, and geography. They cannot be simple coincidence.
3. Religion serves no purpose of survival, so why would it be invented on whim?
4. Everything seems to serve a purpose eventually. I feel shaped by all the experiences I've ever had. This purpose leads me to believe their is a Great Purpose.
5. Love. If there was no god and we were simply existing, why would we have love?
when i think about God being in my life at times i question it, and at other times i believe 100% that he is there. i struggle with my belief because things dont always go the way i want. when times get tough i turn to Him and ask for help and forgiveness, but sometimes it seems like i get no response. when i think really hard about the hard times ive had, and i focus less on the negative, i realize the only reason i pulled through this is because God gave me the strength to. i see the church and God as two completely different parts of christianity. i dont like being forced and told that i have to believe in something. i trust in God on my own because he has pushed me through and kept me alive these last 17 years. when i feel alone i dont think about the churches teachings and rules, i simply turn to God, ask for guidance, and have faith that everything will turn out okay. usually it does, unless i am wanting something materialistic or something that makes me greedy. whenever it has come to something serious in my family, when i ask for help i get it in a strange way. i guess for the most part i trust in God, but because im not human i have my doubts.
because i am** human i have my doubts.
These are five reasons that I believe are enough to prove there is a God:
1) Family and Friends: the unconditional love that comes from our parents and friends is proof enough there is a God. Someone had to teach us how to love and that person is God.
2) The human body: No matter how you think the world began, there is absolutely no possible way that a little explosion could in the end lead to such complex beings as the human unless it was all guided by a Superior being.
3) Prayer: So many times I have prayed to God asking for help or asking Him to do something. Although it may not always be right away, God answers our prayers. Whether it is the answer we wanted or not, God answers it. The greatest thing for me about prayer is being able to talk to God and knowing that He is not going to judge me. Lastly, if there was no God, then people would not always feel so relieved and refreshed after praying.
4) The small things: The beauty and greatness of God is in so many small things in our daily lives. Whether it be baseball or school, music or your house. God created it all and it is because of Him that we enjoy all of these great things.
5) Everyone: It is not hard to see that God is in all of us. If there were no God our world would be in utter chaos but since God is in each of us we are able to keep some peace.
There are a various reasons one can use to prove the existence of God, however, at the same time, there also exist many reasons for one to doubt the existence of God. When the topic of religion and God is brought to life, many questions also arise. If there is truly a God then why must the good suffer while the corrupt succeed in life? Why is the direct source of the bible not a common known fact? Why must one experience love if eventually that love will be replaced by the sorrow of losing that special person? On the same note, why must we build relationships with others when we will eventually leave them?
Why is it that holy individuals and faithful believers are said to share in the same promise land as non-believers and people who sin without remorse? Basically, why is a worls built by love, surrounded by suffering and hatred? These are a few of many questions that arise when such topics as "proof of God" are brought up.
The existence of God is proven to me when I pray for a loved one and either they feel better or their condition improves. Another way God reveals his presence is how complex the human body is. Nature also strikes me as God's care for us. My family also shows me that God is near through my parents care. The strength that I feel through prayer also lets me know that God is always listening and he cares for every pray and intention that I bring to him.
At this point in my life i think it is especially hard to believe God is with us all the time. Us as teenagers have many things go wrong if it is a bad grade, a break up, or a fight with a good friend, and when things go wrong we may turn to the wrong thing causing more problems when all of it could have been solved by looking to God for help. In my life at this point i see the existence of God when im at my happiest moments. These moments are usually when im with my friends, my family, when im alone and its very peaceful, when its a beautiful day. All around when everything is going good and i have no worries in the world. These points make me believe the existance of God simply because everything is going good when one of these events is happening and it makes me believe God is nearby watching over me knowing everything is going good and everyone is happy
I believe in God and his existence. I don't have many doubts. I see the existence of God primarily through my answered prayers, just every day simple prayers, whatever they may be for. Secondly, I don't necessarily see, but feel God's presence sometimes. Like a feeling like someone is touching your shoulder, or leaning on you, things like that. I think that's his way of letting us know when hes dropping by. Thirdly I see God in forgivness, having the courage and the strength to truely forgive someone that has done wrong by you in the past is an important aspect in living your life to its fullest. I see God in people, not just the everyday do-good-ers, but everyone. Lastly, I see God in nature. He's created everything in our natural world.
It is hard for me to find examples of "proof of God". I don't always understand how an entity described as "all loving" when there is so much hate in the world. I am aware that there is love in the world, but it often feels that hate is the dominating force. To quote Alfred Pennyworth, as played by Michael Caine in "The Dark Knight" "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." Although this quote is from a work of fiction, it still holds true in the real world. It's hard to believe that there is proof of God. Not all people are like this, but the thing is, people like this do in fact exist. This makes it difficult for me to find proof of God. Why would someone make it their purpose to mess with other people for the sole purpose of watching them suffer? Why would any all loving being let people suffer in any way. I realize the story of Adam and Eve explains this, but frankly, I find that as a cheap excuse to explain suffering in the world. The sins of the few should not create suffering for others. I find it hard to find existence of God in my life because of all the hate and suffering I see day in and day out.
Reasons I believe God exists
1. My Family. I've been blessed to have such a wonderful, caring, and loving family. Without them I don't know where I would be. They help me make decisions and are always there for me when i need them.
2. The Universe. When you think about it, how perfect is our universe that Earth, one single planet, was placed at a perfect distance away from the sun in order to sustain life and provide for us.
3. Myself and Friends. God gave us all individual talents that shine through our surface onto others. Our talents and skills help shape others lives in some instances.
4. Love. It is only natural that God could have given us an important and immense feeling such as love.
5. Prayer. God always answers our prayers, be it in a small or large manner.
I personally think it is hard to find the existance of God in my life. I believe in God and have a strong faith except when i go throughout my everyday life I feel too busy or distracted to even realize the presence of God. It is difficult to understand that while you are praying, God really is listening. I know God created everything and is everywhere, yet sometimes i feel alone and like no one is listening. Academics and athletics keep me so concentrated that I don't notice all the ways God has made a difference in my life.
God's existence in my life is a difficult question to answer. I do believe that someone is there, and that everything happens for a reason, but I wouldn't say I have the same strength in faith as some do.
An example of God in my life is through my dog. I prayed and worked for nearly two years to get him, so in a way, he was an answer to my prayer. Another example of God in my life is my older brother, Andrew. He may not be the most religious person I know, but I have learned countless things from him and he has had a great influence in my life. A third example would be through music. There is so much expression and beauty in musical pieces that it must connect with Christ. A fourth example of God in my life is through my friends, since they have helped me through multiple situations in ways that may have been religiously inspired. The final example is Animals, for in certain situations, they can inspire ideas that trigger religious thoughts.
There are 5 reasons as to why I believe God exists...
1. Church- Everytime I go to mass I experience God's love. I know that he will always be there to protect me throughout my life. Even if I sin, I know God will understand and forgive me.
2.People- I see God in all the people that give of themselves to others in the United States and in other countries in the world that are less fortunate then us. Doctors and nurses give of their time to help those that are ill. Missionaries that visit these countries help those that need food, water, and shelter.
3. Basketball- Everytime I step on the basketball court I know God is watching over me and making sure I don't get hurt, He has given me the talents to reach the goals I have worked so hard for. Even when I am having a bad game and everyone is disappointed. I know God is still proud of all the hard work I put forth to make myself better as a player.
4. Strong Friendships- God has blessed me with the friends I have made my 4 years of high school. I know they will always be by my side and will help me through diffucult times. I thank God for bringing them to me and making them a part of my life.
5. Family- I see God everyday in the love that my family has for each other, and the sacrifices that we make for our loved ones. I have a very close-knit family and we always pray together at least once a day!
God'd presence is proven in...
1. My parents- I see the presence of God in them because since my childhood they both have provided 11 years of Catholic education for me and have helped lead me in my early understanding of the Trinity.
2. Nature- If someone was able to stop their busy life for just a couple of moments they would be in awe of what God has created. Personally I see God everyday in the landscapes of the world. With each bump or curve there lies the uncertainty of what we do not not know about God.
3. People around the world- Last spring I was able to see God in a different way, in the eyes of the Nicaraguan people. God was visible to me through all the poverty.The innocence of the children and the power of the women showed me God.
4. Sports- Before each soccer game, the team prays to both Jesus and Mary. We ask for victory from Mary and have won games that we were supposed to be destroyed. I see God in the determination of my teammates and in their play.
5. Suffering- God is not only visible in the good but the bad times too. God is there to pick you up when you hit your lowest. God will never lead you astray and only wants you to listen to him and his Son.
Reasons I believe that God exists:
1. Family- I see God in my family. I have truly been blessed with such a loving and caring family. My parents are always there to help guide me in my path of life. They have raised me to make decisions and to always be myself. My sisters are my three best friends for life. We are there for eachother through thick and thin and can always put a smile on eachother's face.
2. Friends- I see God in my friends. They too are a blessing brought into my life. I believe they are here to make it easier to get through the struggles in life. They bring great laughter and fun into my life.
3. New life- I see God in the tiniest of human life, babies. The birth of a child is a miraculous thing. New life is the most precious and innocent form of life and I feel that God has made us all start our lives that way to try to lead us on the right path.
4. Death- I see God in death. I believe that death is the true beginning of our lives with God. I believe in life everlasting.
5. Nature- I see God in nature. I am awestruck by the beauty of his creation of the lands and waters and all of the millions of living creatures on earth.
Of course I believe in God and I can't even fathom the amount of blessings he's given me. However, I'd be lying if I said I feel him around me every single day of my life. He exists within my family & friends, but sometimes it's difficult to believe he's there for me. I don't blame God for any of the events in my life that have taken a turn for the worst, but I think almost everyone can say they've questioned the existence of God when something goes wrong. I know he's present in my life when I'm with my friends & family, I just wih I felt his presence during the times I question him. It may be because I'm too stubborn and I may not be as open to him when I'm angry.. Ive had several occasions in y life where I felt alone. I couldn't understand why I had to suffer. My teacher told me the purpose suffering was to open my heart to love more, buti don't completely believe in that concept. In a way I have grown from those experience but in others I haven't. I hope to fix myself so I can learn to be more open to God when times to get tough.
Examples of God's existence...
1. Prayer- God answers our prayers, big and small
2. Family- Our family loves us unconditionally with love directly from God.
3. Sports- God gave me the talents he did and also watches over me and keeps me safe during games/practices
4. Miracles- When things that happen that no one thought could, what else could it be other than God working out his plans?
5. Life- How else could humans have been created or put on this earth without the works of God?
Personally, it's difficult for me to believe in God's existence in my life. I believe that there is a higher being, and I want to believe that it's God. I struggle with my faith because of all that my family has endured, especially my parents. I know everyone has their struggles, but after everything that has happened to my family, I find it hard to believe there is a God when all these bad things always happen.
5 examples that prove God’s existence in my life are:
Golf: I know that God gifted me with the talent to play this sport and do my best when I am on the course. I ask Him to help me play the best I can before every round and even when I am in a tournament and not playing my best, I still feel God there with me trying to help me perform better. At state as a freshman, this is when I felt God the most because the team and I worked extremely hard since we wanted to win and He saw how badly we wanted it. He granted us the ability to play the best we could those two days and we ended up winning, which just shows how He was watching over all of us.
Love: God gave me the gift to share love with everyone around me. He said to love one another as you love yourself and that is what I try to do with every person that I meet and know, whether I like them or not. I know God helps me show love to all.
Being a leader: As the captain of the golf team, I feel like God helps me to be a strong and responsible role model for others. I use my talents to inspire others and help them to become leaders also. This is especially true for my younger sister, as I try to lead her down the right path in life.
Friends/Family: I am very blessed and thankful for the people God has put into my life. They are always there to support me and help me through the good and bad times throughout my life. I know with these people that God exists because they posses certain qualities that God has.
Prayer: This is my way of talking to God personally and knowing that He will always be there to talk to if I have no one else. Also, this helps me to be thankful for God and everything He has given me. Through prayer I can connect with Him and know He is listening to my prayers and answering them.
I don’t really believe in the existence of God. When i was younger I had a conversation with a priest about heaven and it was after that conversation I started to question religion and god. He had basically told me that in heaven you are happy all of the time and it is because you are in the presence of God and are worshiping him constantly. I realized that I didn’t agree with what he said and I really did not agree with the religion as a whole. You can’t be in a state of infinite happiness because happiness is not something that is infinite. To recognize you are happy you need to also be exposed to sadness. The thought of being in heaven, having surrendered my consciousness to being mindlessly happy forever kind of scared me because if I am happy all the time then I am not really me and if I am no longer myself what am I? I guess what really bothered me was that we live in a complex world of uncertainty and religion and people such as the priest I knew claim to have the answers on such abstract matters such as the existence of God. I feel like religion restricts my thoughts and punishes my opinions. I like to think for myself and look at life and the universe and beyond as an open field with miles and miles of possibilities rather than a straight path, planned out where everybody is supposed to be going in the same direction.
God’s existence is hard to answer in my life for a few reasons. The concept is just so hard to prove, without real evidence. His existence hasn’t been disproved by science and fact, but it hasn’t been proved either. I also can’t really say I’ve ever experienced a moment where I was “with God.” I don’t find myself attributing the good of others and the love of my family and friends to anyone but them; a lot of nature I find beautiful and spectacular but I have a hard time seeing it as more than nature. Another matter that contributes to my uncertainty is is the difficulty I have understanding what makes the belief in the Christian God the correct one, with thousands of other religions.
God can be seen and felt everywhere at any given time. The first and most important way to prove God's existence for me is love. It is an unexplainable feeling that almost comes out of nowhere and cannot be predicted, but the strength of love is more powerful than anything in this world and the only way I can think to explain love is the presence of God. Human life is another way I feel God's presence. The fact that every single person in the world is different yet are made perfectly to survive and function through everyday life is not only amazing but unexplainable. Even the simplest things like breathing and a heart beat come from the way God made us. The third way i prove God's existence is in nature. Not only the beauty of nature but the fact of how much nature there is and the countless species and organisms being so different yet living together in a perfect way. Next is family. God is seen by the natural love and closeness a family has for one another. And lastly God can be seen in friendship. Every person deserves to have people in their life that respect them for who they are and the way God created them.
1. The first way that God is present in my life is through the people that surround me. In both my friends and family, I know that God is present in their heart and through their actions. I know that I must always see God in other people and treat them as I would treat the Lord.
2. The second way that I see God in my life is through the nature that surrounds me. All the animals, plants, and anyother forms of nature are God's creation. Therefore, I know that He is present in all of nature and i can see His beauty through the beauty of nature.
3. The third way that God is present in my life is through my own talents. I realize that God created me uniquely, and that the abilities that He gave me are different from everybody else's. Therefore, I must use the talents that God granted me to the absolute best of my ability all the time.
4. A fourth way that I see God in my life is through prayer. The best way to grow cloe to someone is by talking to them, and prayer allows me to speak with the Lord, which is why I pray so regularly.
5. The fifth way that I experience God in my life is in Mass. On Sundays, when I attend Mass, I see God through psalms, sacraments, prayers, and the other people that are there with me, especially the priest and other ordained members of the church.
God’s existence is difficult to answer in my life. I try to tell myself that there is a “higher being”, hoping to believe that it is “God”. But, mostly, I find myself struggling as a childish believer in “Our Loving Creator”. My expectations of God seem impractical. I just don’t know what to believe of Him. I need sufficient “evidence” of God. I guess I’ve been disappointed enough times that now I seldom pray to God faithfully anymore in order not to get frustrated with myself. What is a relationship with God supposed to appear like anyway?
5 reasons that I think God exists is..
1) Nature- I find my self shocked and amazed at some of the beauty and purity of nature.
2) Miracles- There are just some things and event in the world that can not be explained by science, only by faith.
3) Faith- I have found myself overwelmed with spiritual strength at certain times in my life. Not all the time, not even for a day but there are moments in my life were i feel fully happy for a few minutes, i imagine that like the love of God.
4) Love- When i feel the full powers of love through unconditional love i cant help but to think if this is how Jesus and God love us?
5) Humans- The thought that we are all each unique and that we all have our own individual traits and looks makes me think we were all made for a purpose by a higher power.
There are five specific examples that I believe show that God exists in the world. The first example is just by seeing everything that is around me. Nature is a such a beautiful and so diverse that I believe it was through God's hands that nature was made. My second example would be through transubstantiation during the mass. This is when the bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ. That just does not happen in everyday life and it is so special and miraculous that God has to play a part in the changing of the bread and wine during mass. The third example I have is seeing and hearing miracles. These are signs that God is with us here on Earth. Some of these miracles are the curing of the blind, the imprint of the Lady of Guadalupe's face on a piece of fabric and the story of the three secrets of fatima. The fourth example that shows God's existence is through prayers. Not just saying prayers, but when our prayers are answered. It shows that God is with us and that he knows we are struggling. Sometimes our prayers are answered and that just shows God's love and care for us. The last example that proves God's existence is through life itself. It is such a beautiful thing seeing a new baby and being able to realize that God has created such beautiful beings and he has made us out of his image and likeness.
God is always present in all of our lives. I believe that people who don't realize God's presence simply choose not to look for it. In my life, I see God in my parents. Like God, my parents care for me and lead my down the right path. God is also seen in my friends. Friends are there for you through the thick and thin and so is God. God is present in your siblings. Sibling love is unconditional just as God's love for us is unconditional. Coaches show the presence of God because they spend their time making sure you are performing at your best and only ask that you perform their teachings and God also asks us to perform our christian duties. Last, I see God existence in prayer. Through prayer you feel that God is there by your side listening to what you have to say.
Things that prove to me that God exists in the world are...
~ In the people i meet/pass in my everyday life. whether i know the reason for their passings God knows and has a certain role that they will play in my life, whether big or small.
~In nature, God has created the most beautiful things that are only found in nature. They really show how simple yet complex God really is and his unconditional love that is shown through nature.
~ Weather and seasons God is shown through. He can be seen in a sunny day with a rainbow or in a low dreary day with rain. Either way he reveals his love and care through whatever type of weather and season he puts on this earth that particular day.
~ God is shown through prayer and actions. The most influential thing in this world are prayer and actions. They can be the littlest things that make the biggest difference in somebody's else's life.
~God exists in music. Whether it's rock or Christian music. God comes through music in ways many of us may not think of. He comes through it by allowing people to express their individuality through music in order to portray a meaning or a message to others.
Reason's why I believe that God exists:
1. Creation- there is a reason and a way that all matter, everything exists; some one had to create it all
2. How did Jesus rise from the dead? -by God's hand
3. My inner voice: one time there was a voice, a stong overwhelming voice that spoke to me and vibrated throughout my body, some voice that felt familiar yet completely alein to me and it guided me
4. Answered prayers - my prayers have been answered before
5. The Holy Spirit -it does exist and people do experience it whenever them are with God and full of love
In my opinion, it is very hard for me to justify the existence of a god in my life. I don't deny god because of what has gone wrong in my life, but this is because I have come to terms with many of the typical faith-shaking experiences in my life. I do not resent god for the death of my dad, nor the death of my grandparents. I'm not angry at anyone, I merely understand that bad things happen to good people. I'm not afraid of death, nor of dying. However, I do not believe that when we die, that's it for our time here. One of my favorite quotes goes "You die twice. Once, when your physical body dies, and once more, when someone says your name for the last time." My lack of faith does not make me an immoral person, nor do I feel like I am missing something in my life because I don't believe in a god. I am perfectly happy living my life without a higher power, and I doubt a god would change my view of the world.
God exists in many ways in my life.
1. Those around me. My family and my friends exemplify God through their actions and their words. Each day, those are small miracles.
2. Nature. Nature is beautiful and it is His creation. Looking around at the wonders of the earth is truly breathtaking.
3. Suffering. Although suffering is never looked forward to by any one person, it establishes a stronger relationship with God. Offering our pain and hurting up to God and asking Him to help us when we are in need allows him to lift us up. He will walk beside us through the easy times and carry us through the hard.
4. Prayer. When I pray I always start out with thanking God. I thank him for my life and those he put in it for me to enjoy it with. He gave me talents and abilities to use the best that I can. I thank him for those and for the things he gives me each day. I ask him for help, and I know that if it is in His plan, he will help me with what I ask.
5. Talents. God gave me special talents. He gave me the gift of being able to listen to others patiently. He gave me the gift of volleyball, which I will use to the best of my ability. He gave me understanding. He gives all people different gifts to use, everyone is different, even though each one of us is created in the image and likeness of Him.
I sat down and thought about writing this whole long, very thought out, overly complex analysis; all of which obviously came off with much pretension, but I realized it doesn't matter. I don't really believe in "proving" God, and I equally dislike those who are out to disprove him. The older I get, the more I realize the religious aspects of someone is completely personally, all of it. What comes with it are just complimentary assets. I've learned to love the people, not their beliefs or lack thereof. I can definitely say that I've never met someone and upon hearing their beliefs thought of them entirely different, at least since I've grown from freshman year.
These are a few reasons why I less so question God's existence than I do his proof, or the necessity of such proof. Reading the prompt given I see that if you take away the proof of God, it just becomes privileges in your life, not so much in the question itself but in the answers given. A good family, friends, nature around me, safety. So many of the answers I glace over seem so, for lack of better words, privilege-based. Reflecting on the answers, I ponder on whether many of our beliefs is set on what God has given us, how he has supplied us. I could easily say that God exists because I can wake up with a smile, or have a caring family, or even go to school, but once you take out the whole religious aspect, you're still given your privileges regardless. (although yes God put you in the world given your circumstances). Also, note should be making that I'm not making an attempt to demean one's problems, as if we don't all have gifts in our lives, such as family and friends. I just don't feel comfortable using them as an attempt to PROVE (or disprove) God's existence.
So I don't exactly know how to explain how God exists in my life without being that sort of selfish thankfulness, where it's all related to things in my life. Yes I adore my family and the friends I've have/had. And yes, I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been given. But so much of that feels selfish coming out of my own mouth,
So my proposed list is this:
1. The human body. In the scientific sense and in the religious sense, the fact that we exist is magnificent. What we can do, the beauty of how we work, whether God made us or not, it's something to marvel. And in a religious sense, if this was how God decided to make his reflection of himself, he too much be a beautiful being.
2. The power of emotion. Forgiveness, acceptance, happiness, regret. Further on how we function as human beings, we were given the ability to FEEL. To react. To understand ourselves and each other just by the way our brains process actions, and how we choose to respond.
3. His ability to give opportunity. Whether they last, how significant they are, or other reasons. God provides opportunities in our lives.
4. Knowledge. More importantly Written Knowledge (books). Without them the developed religious world AND the developed science world would cease to exist. Skepticism would still highly exist, and the fact that we have an ability to progress through both knowledge and books shows God's care in the progression of society itself; his own creation.
5. Doubt. The ultimate test. God proposes doubt in this world to see the direction his own people will take. Given the power of doubt and doubt with reason, one can quickly become someone that tries to disprove God's existence; though not necessary.
(I'm not sure if there was a midnight deadline, but my computer overheated last night! Irritation abounding.)
I had to sit and think about this prompt, because while I can’t give you reasons why God doesn't exist, I really couldn't prove his existence to myself very honestly. I was also hard-pressed to give a reason why his existence is so hard to answer—it’s not a question of unbelieving, but reluctance to acknowledge. Imagine this scenario: Growing up, everyone you know is familiar with someone recently deceased. Inconveniently, they have gone on before you were born. However, your family, peers, and school all talk about this person as if they were still alive! This person is so real to you that you almost feel as if you'd known them personally or could have told others about this person as if you had known them yourself. A decade later, the people surrounding is slightly different—some have changed, people have come and gone. This deceased person rarely passes through conversation. Some people do not even know them, and an odd look passes their face when this person is brought up. Still, you have never questioned or doubted that this person never lived. Look at everyone you know that still talks about them! But you don’t. Your tightly-knit personal group does not. Your parent acts as if this person is dead and has moved on. Things that may have reminded you of this person you may have known very well in your head hold very little significance in the same way. This faith is less visible; while you don’t doubt that person had never existed, you really could not give ways that this person is still real to you.
five evidences that God exists:
1) the laws of nature exists from the begining of the universe, and God creates the laws
2) opportunities in life that appears all the time as myself wished, God gives those to me
3) Jesus rises from dead is a prove of God exists
4) different traits of everybody. No one is exact same in the universe, this comes from the power of God
5)the final answer of what we are, where we from and where are we going. God gives the answer to us
1. Family- my family is always there for me and always loving me. they are friends that i can never lose and who will always support what you choose.
2. Miracles- miracles are happening around us all he time, but we soon start to not notice them. God is what allows this miracles to happen.
3. Prayer- I feel that whenever I pray I feel the presence of God, and that my prayers are anwsered.
4. Nature- the world around us is so breath taking and marvelous. all the creatures and landscapes are always uplifting and magical to look at.
5. Human beings- the human body is so interesting and marvelous. there are so many components that must work together to make the body live, yet no one is the same.
5 examples that prove the existence of God are...
1. Water- every living thing on planet Earth needs it. Water has no taste, smell, and no color and yet we all need it. It is not man made and we couldn't make water even in our wildest dreams. Humans bodies are made up of two-thirds water. Without it there would be no us.
2. Nature- it is both beautiful,gentile and deadly, destructive. Nature can calm us and make us feel comfortable and free. We see how truly amazing it can be when we look at the sunset, the night sky, mountains, trees, and animals. At the same time we see how tornadoes, storms, volcanoes, and earthquakes and be life threatening. Even these parts of nature are beautiful (at a distance).
3.Our Bodies- they change and adapt to how we live. An amazing example of this is how a mother's body change to take care of their baby. Or how when we hurt ourselves, our bodies heal and fight off any thing that threatens our health. The Brain, we use it without even trying. Humans have evolved in tremendous ways and still are, but we don't even use all of our brain!
4. Earth- our planet is in the only one in our universe that is capable of having life. It is just the right distance from the sun, has the water, oxygen, and the right speed.
5.Love- we need each other. Not only does love make us feel good, it is good for our health. There has been studies of people who were isolated and not love and in all of those studies the person ended up being unhealthy and dieing early. God wants us to love and to be here for each other. When we love others,we help them also see that God is in us.
I can see God in my life through:
The night sky- When I look up at the night sky I can see thousands of stars. This reminds me that the universe is huge and the earth is just a small part of it. Someone or something must have created the universe. Where else could the universe have come from?
My family-I am very blessed to have such a great family in my life. My family loves me unconditionally and is always there for me when I need it. Through them I experience God’s never ending love and care.
Prayer- Sometimes when I pray, it’s difficult to believe that God is actually listening. But when I look back on some of the experiences of my life, I can see how God answered my prayers. It may not have been the way I wanted them answered, but I know that God does actually listen.
People- I think the human body proves the existence of God because it is so complex. All 7 billion people in the world are different, not only physically but also mentally. The fact that there could be so much variety in the human race is amazing. Only a higher being could create the immense amount of diversity in humanity.
Suffering- Through our suffering we can turn to God and come to know God better. God helps us through not only the good times but the bad as well. When God helps me through a hard time, my faith gets stronger. Through God I get the strength to persevere through tough times.
Here are my five experiences that prove, to me, that God truly does exist.
1. My prayers are constantly being answered. Whenever I am having a rough time in school or at home I always pray about it. Sometimes I ask for a specific thing; however, more often than not it does not turn out as I planned, but better. One instance is when I was about to buy a used car. I asked God, please please let this work out, I need a car. Something happened that I could no longer purchase this "perfect car", well it is a good thing. Now I have the opportunity to buy a much nicer car that has many more benefits, but I don't need to go into that.
2. My grandmother's death. My grandmother, before I was born, had a heart attack and was pronounced dead in the hospital. Moments later, she literally came back to life. Her heart had stopped, there was no breathing, no signs of life. Then she simply came back. Afterwards, she described what the experience was like. She said that when she "died" she appeared before a tunnel with three men in tuxedos walking into it. She strongly believes this was not a dream.
3. Every miracle that has been documented by the church. Such as the miracle sun. My grandmother actually experienced this in person.
4. The goodness of the human heart. This, I believe can not simply be instincts.
5. Although I am no where near as educated on the subject as Michael is, I am still very interested in the science and proofs of God's existence because of science. We talk about it on occasion and love to discuss what the ultimate source is. Such as the five proofs of God's existence by Saint Aquinas. Science's "first energy" theory is the fifth reason why I believe God exists.
1.Love: You can't touch love you can't see it, but yet we still feel it.
2.Nature: it's beauty, it's constant changing, it's violence, it's way of making us feel good.
3.The Human Body: The way it works, how it can heal itself. Only God could've created such a complex thing as the human body.
4.Prayer: I feel peace when you pray, you feel Gods existence, you feel comforted, and you feel generally better.
5. Animals: I feel an overwhelming love for my dog and his love back is unconditional, which is the same way God shares his unconditional love for us.
In my life, I find it difficult for God's existence to answer in my life. I find it hard to trust such a being that cannot be proven or disproven. I lost most of my fatih through events that happened in my life. the events that happen around me: war, starvation, corruption of the human mind...I couldn't fathom how humanity would be saved from disasters such as these.
There is a saying: everything happens for a reason.Perhaps that is true, but for what reason? I question where we go when we die. I wonder if there is really someone watching us from above. All of these questions and more leave me perplexed. Instead of the many people arguing constantly about the "perfect" and correct religion, while shoving what they think is right in people's faces,I would one day like to find a universal understanding of a loving God.
Of all the mighty and heartfelt reasons why I legitimize my belief in God, despite encountering qualms in both science and history, these are five that I have chosen:
1. God is the only absolute. In the human world, nobody is absolutely good or evil. Rather, all people exist as an imperfect balance of both factors, each with our own feuds, jealousies, and sorrows. However, I like that, of all the things that change and waver from time to time, God doesn't do that. It makes me feel happy not just that there is someone who really loves me, but that He always will.
2. My second reason is that I just cannot see how religions and everything in the world they influence was thought up by somebody on his or her own. Humans have always looked to a force that they do not fully understand in order to explain events in the world. Sometimes this is achieved by not settling on an explanation at all, but leaving a divine mystery. Even atheists, I have noticed, treat science in a light similar to that of God because they believe in a concept that is not fully understandable by human beings in order to figure out our world. In the end, I think scientists and believers are trying to do similar things using similar (this is a key word) concepts, just by going about it different ways.
3. A third reason as to why I believe God exists is that the only logical alternative, science, wouldn't be able to displace God. In this world, I believe, nothing is an exact science. No process or experiment can be replicated exactly and, more importantly, one answer cannot always be discovered. I'm not saying that science is wrong, far from it. But, I know that there are certain questions that human will never be able to answer, whether through science or religion.
4. My fourth reason stating why I believe in God would be that, as a human being, it is reassuring to me to know that there is a realm and a concept in the universe that is still a mystery. It leaves me with a desire to try and figure out God and how omnipotence works in whichever way I can.
5. I have looked at my previous reasons and while they are honest and true to what I feel, they leave out one thing. They emphasize my legitimization of God as an idea. However, in my life, I, like most people who enjoy a religion in the world, go to my God for guidance, intercession, and thanks in a way that I would go to a friend. And while I can't say that He has appeared in my house like a divine specter, I believe that I have received influences in my life to do the right thing and become a better person in my life. Like my mortal friends who I hold dear, God has helped restore hope within me and raise myself up the be the best person I can be. So, because I consider Him my long and dear friend and ally, I feel compelled by our friendship to defend Him, and prove that He is there for all of us.
PS- Sorry if I wrote a lot
5 examples of proof that God exists in my life:
1.) Living Beings - In my opinion, everything that exists on our planet was put here for a reason. Every aspect of life on earth fits together like a puzzle. Examples of evidence are sexual reproduction, resources provided to us in order to live, connections between people, and the ability to use our own minds to their fullest extent.
2.) Nature - Nature itself is one of the most significant things to me. It shows beauty, provides resources, triggers emotions, and gives us signs of God's existence.
3.) Love - Everyone on Earth has experienced love. Whether it pertains to their parents, siblings, friends, girlfriend, etc... Love is one of those feelings that you can't explain. It makes me feel as if it was given to human beings to bring us together as one.
4.) Miracles - I believe in miracles simply because I've experienced traumatic things in my life, and there isn't one time that I haven't overcome those struggles. I live by the phrase "Sometimes God puts you through hell in order to get you to heaven."
5.) Music - To me, music is a symbolic form of God. Last year I made a lot of bad decisions. I dug myself into a deep hole which eventually led me to rock bottom. It was a miracle that I dug myself out of these problems. As soon as I started to get on the right path, a friend of mine introduced a song to me that completely changed my life. The majority of the song was made up of all electronic melody, but it spoke to me. Each section of the song brought out specific emotions in order, that I had felt going through these stages of problems, and also getting out of them. Since that day, I listen to the song everyday as a form of prayer.
The five ways that i see God in my life are:
1. Prayer: Whenever I am in need of something or have had a bad day I always turn towards prayer because i know that God will listen. However i think it is also important not to pray just whenever we need something. Sometimes I pray just for the sake of praying, because it makes me feel close and connected with God.
2. My family: I know and believe that God exists because i see it everyday with the help and support of my family members. Over the summer my parents dropped everything they had to do at work and took me on 6 different college visits across 3 states. I know that they will always support and help me when i am in need of it.
3. Friends: I see God through my friends because, not only do they offer me support, but they also bring fun and laughter into my life. As I grow up i know that life will be getting more stressful so it is still good to be able to hangout with my friends and be a kid because like Jesus said only kids will be allowed to enter the kingdom of heaven.
4.Nature: Something as beautiful and as wonderful as nature had to be created by something. It is true that not only do we see God in the people arround us but will also see him in our surroundings. Nature is a wonderful thing that can mystify and calm us at the same time. Only God could have created such a thing.
Human Compassion: Despite their being alot of evil in the world and the media usually focusing on the bad things that happen i see God in the people around me. Even if its just at work and i see a young people helping the elderly take out their groceries. I've even see God on a larger scale when Hurricane Katrina struck and people we starting organizations and charitites to help out the people down in New Orleans. God truly is everywhere you look.
Of the many ways I can see that God exists, here are the top 5:
1. Human Existance- Surely, we can all say things about how evolution can be proven and go back to one single cell of life, but science can't even explain how that single cell came to be. God's creation of life is what got us here now. I believe without God, there would be no humans, and through that, we can see he truely does exist.
2. Nature- The beauty of nature is no coincidence of science, it has to be the work of God. The creation of earth was in God's design and vision, and seeing the beauty and majesty of the planet further shows God's existance in our lives.
3. Free will- God gave us our own free will. This means we have the choice to do whatever we want to do. We could all just do bad because God does't force us to be good, however, seeing people being kind, loving, and compassionate towards one another and God's creation, truely shows God's existance.
4, Family- God provides us with eachother, and with family comes love. We know God is love, so if we all love our families, and our families love us, then we know God exists through our families.
5. Peace- Knowing that we are of God's creation, we are meant to live in harmony with eachother. However, our free will lets us choose to be bad, but rather than everyone always fighting with eachother, we choose to work things out and try to keep respect alive. The choices of staying out of conflict helps show God's existance.
While there are numerous reasons that I believe God exists, five specific reasons that stand out to me are...
1. The first reason I believe God exists is because of the Bible. The Bible contains numerous stories of miracles and of instances where God has spoken to someone or appeared in some way. When I read the Bible, I truly feel like God is speaking to me and guiding me to look deeper into the stories. I am often able to find something within the text that is relatable to a current struggle in my life and I feel like the stories often give solutions or encouragement to help me work through my problems.
2. A second reason that proves the existence of God in the world is the amazing feeling of hope I get after I receive Communion. Ever since I was little I was taught that the bread and wine are really the body and blood of Christ. I am able to feel the real presence of Christ and God in the Eucharist. After receiving Communion I feel a certain peace that I cannot really explain and I know that God must be present because of the strong sense of joy that comes with the Eucharist.
3. A third reason I believe that God exists is because of tragedies. Obviously tragedies such as hurricanes and earthquakes are devastating. But, such tragedies also bring out the good in people. Thousands of people are willing to help those who have been affected by such disasters. I feel that it is God that works through these people. He allows us to recognize that we are all brothers and sisters and that we must be there to support our family members who suffer. When disasters occur, people often come together in prayer even if they are not religious. It is God that unites us during such distressing times. It is as if He is calling us to rely on Him and He proves that He will always be there to comfort us.
4. A fourth reason I believe that God exists is because of answered prayers. While prayers are not always answered in the way we want them to be answered, God answers them in some way. I know that there have been multiple times that I have prayed and my prayers have been answered. Many times I pray for comfort when I feel stressed or overwhelmed. I honestly do feel a sense of comfort when I ask. Some people may not believe that it is God at work, but I definitely feel that He is guiding me through any difficulties I face if I pray and ask for help.
5. A fifth reason that proves the existence of God is the joy felt after Reconciliation. After attending Reconciliation, I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Similar to my reasoning with the Eucharist, I honestly have a feeling that a greater presence, that being God, is truly present when your sins are absolved during Reconciliation. When the priest tells me I am forgiven, I really feel that God accepts my apologies for my sins and He has forgiven me.
Everyone's views on religion are different and that's what makes the world go around. If people were all the same then life would be boring. One way I see God's existence is through the unique elements in the world. The way people differ from one another, the beauty of nature, the talent in the world, etc. However, though I do believe in God and I do believe there is a higher power, I do not know where I fit in the world of religions. I pray to God, I go to mass, etc. but I do not know what religion I really am. Right now I am a Christian and I will always be one no matter what. I will always believe in the Lord and I will always pray to Him. I just don't know if it is the right religion for me and I don't know if I truly understand it yet. I'm only a teenager and I'm still figuring out my place in this world. I believe God put me here for a reason but some things still make me wonder about Christianity. I could go on and on about this but I don't know truly which religion I really believe in yet. It's going to take some time but I know that God supports me no matter what. I do believe in God and I am not denying His existence, however, I do not really know yet my complete views on religion and which one I fall under because there are so many to explore.
Reason why I think God exists in this world/my life:
1. The fact that my sister was able to fall in love and marry her high school sweetheart.
2. The fact the person who my sister has happended to marry has influenced my life in the best ways possible.
3. The fact that I am here now and have been given all the gifts I possess.
4. The fact that our universe is so complex and so intricate yet we are able to survive and thrive in the one solar system that allows for life.
5. I also know God exists becasue he guides me through my academics and sports. Such as bowling and cyo basketball.
5 examples of God's existence in the world is:
Our families are loving and the first people we know. In our families we all share similiar traits physical, emotional, and mentally.
God puts our friends in our lives for a reason. Friends are there through good and bad and can sometimes know a side of you most people don't. Friends are like the brothers and sisters we never had. It is amazing how many things you and another person can share in common.
Our special abilities and talents don't come from anywhere. I believe God blessed each individual person on earth with a talent or speacialty. Everyone is unique and different in their own way and has the ability to inspire or make someone proud.
God graced our parents with their abilities to provide and teach us up in the right way. Not everyone is blessed with good parents but those who are have to see God in their parents. Parenthood is a great responsibility and can make or break a child
No matter what the genre may be or what the message may be sending across, God blessed that particular artist with their skills and talents because not all people can do what musical artist can do. Music touches some peoples souls in away nothing else can. Music heals, teaches, and inspires. Music is good for everyone. Music can tell someones story and help certain people get over difficult situations or keep happy spirits going.
The proof of God's existence around me.
1) People around me, every day prove the existence of God. Every single person in the world is completely unique and different, there is no other thing in the world with such diversity, meaning it must be an act of God.
2) The world around us proves God's existence. Just by walking through the woods, seeing all the life around you and hearing the different sounds of nature is just peaceful. The world is such a violent place that nature must be God's creation.
3) The human being is another example of the existence of God. The human being is so complicated, that the whole body, no matter what studies are conducted will be completely understood. The brain with the infinite capability to learn,only one explanation for human beings, God's existence.
4) Hope also proves God's existence. Sure anybody can hope for anything, but when people have hope in to discover something new or be an innovator, God helps those people who have hope and faith by rewarding them with extraordinary findings in life, things an every day average person could not even conceive of discovering.
5) All art is proof that God exists. Some people's art and creativity is simply unexplainable. When you look at a picture, and that picture speaks to you in a way that you don't even comprehend, but it still means something to you, that must be God's work. Music is the same way, when you listen to a song, and just enjoy it, or listen to the words and they just jump at you with a message, maybe even a message that other people don't get, It's God working through something that you enjoy, working to be able to speak to you.
I find it difficult to provide proof of God's existence in my life. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the good things in my life nor do I fully deny the existence of God. It is difficult for me, however, to believe in an omnipotent God as in the Christian faith. I try to pay if forward and be a good person and I don't really know which guide lines or religious paths I follow. Even if I don't especially believe that I'll land at the pearly gates when I die, I do agree that, similarly to believing that God exists, humans are not the only things in this universe that have influence and importance. We shouldn't be so focused on ourselves because surely there is something more important that we don't understand right now. We're just not tricky enough to figure it out yet! I suppose I might not be looking at this the right way, but I haven't had a defining moment where I could attribute a miracle or phenomenon solely to the idea of God.
I was trying to think of 5 examples that prove God's existence, but I could only find circumstantial stuff, not the actual reasons I believe in God. I simply do not feel God's presence in my life very often. Also I think of God as being what makes up everything in the world from rocks to people. This is probably why no one thing proves His existence to me. I have had one experience at a healing mass where I felt like God might have been present. It is because of this that I believe in God's existence.
The existence of God has been revealed to me in many ways throughout the course of my life so far. Here are the five most striking ways through which I feel God's existence has been made acutely evident to me.
1.) [The existence and nature of us, as humans.] The sheer fact that we exist in complexity and compassion is evidence for the existence of God. Carl Sagan, a brilliant physicist, once said that "The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together." As humans, we are not just bundles of subatomic particles and organ systems, rather we are incredibly complex beings that have intellect, emotions, feelings, memory, a brain that synthesizes, analyzes, and compares, along with the unprecedented ability of free will. This is what truly distinguishes us from all manner of organisms and animals that roam the Earth. The nature of humans as "different" from all other forms of biotic and abiotic existence raises the age-old question of "what is our purpose?," or "why are we here, now?" Why were we made to be different? I doubt that any individual could answer this question as a blanket-cover for everyone in the world, and I certainly can not, but I do believe that each person was made to be different from all other forms of life and all other humans because we all have specific purposes to fulfill during our physical lives. The challenge, of course, is for one to determine their own purpose, and three ways to begin that journey are through a knowledge of and belief in God, the love of God and others, (given and received) and service done for the betterment of others and self.
2.) [Human compassion and love.] This relates to my first example in the idea that no other being in our physical world has the capability to give, receive, and experience love. We have the ability to see God's reflection in others, a skill that is a necessity to have and use in a world so ravaged by the effects of sin and division. Though the tragedies and negative aspects of the world seem to be the most emphasized, I look at my family, friends, and those around me, and through those people, I see God, love, and hope for the future.
3.) [Family, Friends, and Communities] I would not be the person I am today without my family, friends, and those surrounding me in the various communities I am a part of. The everlasting bonds that I have with all of these people are simply amazing. My family and friends offer unprecedented support, fun, enjoyment, and love. My parents and grandparents especially provide the support and inspiration that I have needed to pull through challenging periods of my life, and that I will undoubtedly need in the future. The common interests and similarities that I share with my friends enable us to create even stronger relationships, and make groundbreaking, positive changes in each other's lives. They are in my life for a reason, and I cannot deny that. Through them, I have began my journey in being able to know God.
4.) [The union of science and theology.] In our modern society, the concepts of science and religion appear to be inherently at odds against each other. Though I can not fully explain why, I do not feel that this is true. The two should indeed complement each other. As Charlie mentioned in an earlier post, I also find my belief in God immensely strengthened, and my interest sparked by St. Thomas Aquinas' five proofs for the existence of God. They enthrall my science-oriented mind, and St. Thomas' explanations of God as the first mover, energy, cause of effects, etc. provide a strong basis for belief in God.
5.) [Nature.] The vastness, beauty, and significance of the natural world can be easily observed and experienced by anyone willing to spend some time outdoors. The constant cycle of destruction, recovery, and rebirth that is evident from the changing of seasons or natural disasters is amazing, and further proves the existence of God in the world. As someone who has spent much time camping, hiking, and the like, I can truly say that I continue to see the wonder of God's work in the beauty of nature, and have come to appreciate and love nature, no matter if I am in a rural area like my hometown or NDCL's location, or in a sprawling city.
Reasons God exists in my eyes.
1.The uniqueness of every human- The fact that every human being that has set foot on this earth is unique and is made with special gifts and talents. We were all scluplted perfectly in Gods hands.
2.The World- How Earth was created perfectly to support life. In addition, how life was created and evolved in humans, you have to believe that Gods Hands were involved in the start and process of life and the world.
3. Birth- The beginning of a new life. the start of a new soul. Every Baby is a miracle. The creation of life is God speciality and is involved in the creation of every baby of all species.
4. Love- the connection the brings humans together. The love parents have for teir children, the love souses have with each other, and the love that God has for all of us. This love is unbreakable and draws each and everyone together in the name of God.
5. Nature-The Beautiful and magestic feeling when you are on the beach or walking through the woods. God Created Nature and his wonders and beauty still remain.
1.)family/friends: God placed family and friends in our path to teach us valuable lessons and become a better person
2.)music: music can speak the words that we cannot seem to find. God has placed these songs in our path as a way to comfort us when we think that God is not watching over us.
3.)birth and death: when the circle of life occurs it shows us just how precious God has made each and every one of our lives. We have the choice as to how we live the life that God has set in front of us.
4.)prayer: prayer helps determine just how strong our relationship with God really is. When we pray more often, we can get rid of some of the burden of our everyday lives. If prayer is not present at all, our relationship with God is weak.
5.)love: Love is extremely powerful. Even if we never see or hear God, we know that no matter what may happen He still loves us unconditionally. This unconditional love can help us through tough points in life
5 ways I can prove the existence of God are....
1. Nature. God created the world and its beauty. I see God in the gentle rain that falls in the morning and then beautiful sunset at night. God created these wonders for us to enjoy, which proves his existence.
2. Birth. Being born is a mini miracle. God created everyone, so God exists in all of us.
3. Family. I can see God in my family. They are so welcoming and treat me well. When they are there for me when I am down, I can see God in them.
4. Tough times. When times are tough, God is there for you. Bad things will happen in your life, but its how you bounce back that matters. God is there for me so I can bounce back when I am having a rough time. Eventually things get better and you can move on.
5. Talents. I am blessed with many and I have God to thank for them. Through my talents I can be who I am and spread them to others. By acknowledging my talents and finding more I can find God's presence.
God has proven his existence in the world in many ways. I've never felt his presence in prayer, mass, theology class, or any typical setting where its assumed God is there. However, I've experienced his indescribable presence when I was told I lost a loved one over the summer. I know was next to me when I heard the news, when I cried, and he gave me the strength to move on.
I see God in caring, patient people who see the world as a place to spread their love as opposed to as just a place to live and breathe. They receive no rewards or recognition for their good deeds. They do it because they have a big, kind heart and the only thing they get out of it is to see a smile on someones face.
I also believe God is in music. Not the radio, or some CD, but in someones favorite song. Everyone gets that feeling when their favorite song comes on that makes them smile and is overwhelmed with happiness. That's the way that God sees us. The feeling I get when my favorite song comes on is indescribable and I feel like God is watching, dancing.
Another way God has proven himself to me is when I've faced extremely hard situations that caused me to question his existence. But just as times get hard, something always encourages me to think "it could be worse". I've learned, through God's lessons, that no matter what he puts you through, its for a reason. Maybe a reason I'll never know.
Lastly, I believe that God proves his presence when you meet someone amazing in your life. There's an active force that brought you to that other person, good or bad relationship, you were meant to meet. You learn something, big or small, from every person you encounter and get to know. Whether it be a sibling, best friend, co-worker, boyfriend/girlfriend; there's a deeper reason as to why you were brought together.
1. Love- The human race alone could not have created such a powerful attachment as love. God used his love to create us, so that we may spread his love to our friends, family, and all those around us. Love is an immeasurable and never-ceasing gift that God gives us to give one another.
2. Children- Jesus told his followers to let the children come to him, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to them. I feel that the innocence and immeasurable love that children hold is the way God intends for all of us to live.
3. Missionaries/Volunteers- Those who sacrifice their time for the needy, as Jesus sacrificed his life for us, hold a special gift. To give up one’s life for the less fortunate, with no material recompense, is a strong and beautiful action that satisfies the needy, the one helping, and God.
4. Mother Teresa- Mother Teresa of Calcutta is my earthy role model. She showed interminable love for everyone, care and compassion to even the least deserving, and lived her life as a follower of Christ. She was a living, walking disciple of Jesus, and her life is a perfect example of God’s existence in this world.
5. Suffering- Without suffering, there would be no need for missionaries, volunteers, persons of vocation, or everyday heroes. While some will use suffering to prove that God does not exist, I think it is a prime example of why He does exist. God exists to serve His kingdom, and we exist to serve God and His people. Without suffering, Jesus would not have been able to die for our sins and grant us eternal life.
God's existence is proven in many ways. First, he exists in love. i think that people would not show compassion towards eachother unless we learned how to by God. Second, he exists through us all. we are all linked through him. he is our father and we are his children. third, God exists through nature. the beautiful wonders of the world could not have been created unless there was love behind it and God is love. Fourth, he exists charity. why would people help others unless we were made out of love? fifth, God exists through life. how did any living thing come to be?
5 ways I can prove the existence of God are....
1. Family- God gives us our family so that we can have someone to lean on and it is his way of rewarding us
2. Prayer: Prayer helps us speak to God and let out burdens in our life. Even though we can't hear him answer it is someone that we can talk to.
3. Friends- They our the physical proof that God is always there for us.
4.Bible- Reading the bible shows me all the great miracles that God did for people in need. This proves that he is looking out for me at all times.
5. Hardships- God is present in all hard times because it helps us become a better person. With these he helps our character and our everyday life.
God has never really showed himself to me in the sense of sacrements or reading the bible but in other ways through my life. Some people look at doubting God as a bad thing or a sin but to doubt God is a good aspect in religion. Although sometimes i doubt stories like Nohas Ark and how God created to earth in 7 days does not mean in any way i dont believe in God.
God has showed his existence to me in different ways throughout my life. God proved to me that he is always there listening to my prayers when sometimes i think he isnt. When past family members were sick or friends had accidents God always made sure they turned out ok for me. When you feel all alone God is there and beside the point of sometimes doubting him because you really cant wrap your head around the fact that he was always here or that noone knows if he is real but just like my mom always said, "thats just what believing is". Believing that God is Good all the time will let you find yourself and be the person you need to be.
I definitely do recognize God's presence in my life. Recently, during the last week of summer, I was in a car accident. Both a mailbox and a street sign hit my windshield and my car was totaled; however, I left the scene with nothing but a few scratches. Someone who lived nearby who helped me out of my car said "Something was definitely on your side today." I thought to myself, "not 'something,' God was." The Lord has been on my side since day one. Yes, there have been rough patches but I am still here today and stronger than I ever have been and I have God to thank for that. He has never put me through anything I could not handle. God has lead me to my true talent, cheerleading. He gave me skills that not many people have. I can life people twice my size over my head, get thrown and do tricks in the air, and do flips on hard ground. I do get afraid often when it comes to cheer I must admit, but before I ever do any skill I always think, "faith over fear." I am so thankful for the talents I was given and try to use them to the best of my ability to show how thankful I am. Another place in my life where I see the presence of God is in the friendships I have made over the years. I was born and lived fourteen years of my life in Erie, Pennsylvania. To this day, my best friend and I (who were not only best friends but also neighbors since preschool) still talk to each other every single day and hang out whenever I go to Erie. I have also made close friends here in Ohio since I have been here. Not a day goes by that I don't think about and miss my family and friends in Erie, but I know that at the end of the day, no matter how far away I am, nothing will ever change those relationships. God also got me through being the "new girl" twice in my life. These were probably the most uncomfortable times in my life. God gave me the strength and courage to go for all the new opportunities and now I am happier than ever. I also see God's presence through my family. My family lives all over: Mainly Pennsylvania, some in South Carolina, some in Alaska, and some in Germany. I have a big military family and every member of my family has always come home safe. We all have faith that God will continue to watch over them and always bring them home. Even though we live all over the place, we always come together for holidays, birthdays, graduations, and all sorts of events. We have our problems, like all families, but at the end of the day we are always there for each other. Sometimes when things get tough and don't go as planned, my faith may get shaken. It is never lost, just shaken. This however makes my prayer stronger and helps me to hang on to my faith stronger as well. I believe that this is also a strange way God shows his presence. Without the bad times, how could we appreciate the good? These are just some specific ways God has shown himself to me. He is everywhere, everyday. Love, new life, nature, it really is endless. God is good. All the time.
When I think of God certain things come to my mind.
1.) Whenever I see a sunset I think that there has to be something greater than myself out there to make something so beautiful and serene.
2.) God is also present in my family. My family is very tightly woven together and even though we have our difficulties we still make time for each other.
3.) My friends mean a great deal to me and I believe that God is present in them also. My friends are always there for me.
4.) God is present in school to. He supports us all with the tough schedules and classes we have.
5.) Lastly God is present in the air around us because he is all knowing and all seeing. We each have God within our hearts.
I see God all around me constantly everyday and to pick just 5 things that "proves" God's existence is hard. I see God most in my family and the way we stand by each other no matter what is going on. We laugh together, cry together and lift each other up. The closeness of the bonds between my family is something only God can do. I hear about God in the stories my mom tells me about my sister, I never met her but I think it's a miracle that a 6 month old baby was called an angel by everyone who was near her. I see God in my friends and their unending love and support I can turn to them for anything. They are a huge blessing in my life. I see God in my puppy and his unconditional love, it might sound silly but my puppy's love is like God's love. My puppy loves me even when I don't give him the attention he deserves and that's just like God. He is a physical reminder of God's love to me. I feel God in the wind. It's a quiet reminder that I'm not alone and that one day God will carry me home.
Five things I see God's existence in...
1. I see God's existence in is the children that I help at the dance studio. A few of them have mental disabilities or are hearing impaired. They are some of the happiest and most outgoing children that I know. I don't remember being as innocent as they are. They don't know that they impact my life but they truly do.
2. I also see God's existence in my daily life. He blesses me with a nice house, food, clothes, and a great education. I see all of those commercials with the poor children in Africa and the homeless Downtown. It makes me feel blessed for what I have in my life.
3. God has blessed me with dance. Dance is my way of letting all of my feelings out without freaking out on someone or verbally speaking what I think. It's my way of telling a story. God has blessed me with this talent and letting me find this talent at such a young age. I am able to compete and truly show my emotion on the stage. There is no better feeling than being on the stage with the lights and all eyes on you.
4. My family is truly blessed by God. We are a very diverse family who wouldn't be together without the help of God. Being adopted makes me that much more thankful for what He has given me. I value my family even more because of it.
5. Lastly, I see God in the animals and in nature. He puts his own touch of creativity on the world. My mom use to say that God painted us and that He decided what we look like and where we lived according to His painting. The animals and nature are beautiful aspects in life that not everyone cares to take in.
The existence of God is present in
1. My family that I love and care about that help me through each day with their kind words and support
2. My friends who are the family I chose that help me laugh and remember to not take life so seriously and to be happy.
3. The sky for its vast beauty which puts me in awe that something so beautiful and mysterious could exist and is made by God.
4. The sun and moon which guide me every day and night through the challenges of life.
5. The different kinds of love in the world that can exist between people and is still forming every day.
God's existence can be proved by:
1) The Earth - The Earth's perfect shape, the beauty of nature, and the way it'sjust the right distance from the sun to sustain life is unexplainable and leaves me awestruck.
2) Emotion - Human's emotions are so powerful because they overcome what we do sometimes and are incomprehensible since they aren't a physical characteristic. Love is something so strong and natural which clearly means that it could not have come from anywhere but God.
3) Humanity -Each and every human was created different. The amount of detail that goes into each person is unfathomable, even all the way down to their fingerprints has never been repeated. There are no two people that will ever be the same. This is is so baffling to me because I can't even wrap my mind around how many people have existed in history.
4) Blessings - God has blessed us in our lives with multiple things and we all interpret them in different ways. Whether we realize it or not, he blesses us everyday. This may seem strange to some but even when bad things occur in our lives, they are blessings because there is a lesson to be learned behind every obstacle God puts in our lives.
5) Prayer - I believe this is the most important and persoanl reason that God is existent because this is how I can connect myself to Him. This is how I can express my faith the most and I can ask Him for help with my struggles and I know he will be there for me. God knows my intentions in my life and I have complete trust that He will get me to where i need to be in my life.
...Specific examples that proves the existence of God in the world:
I believe that without God in my life, life would be a scary and unfullfilling place. If I did not attain a relationship or belief in God, I don't know how I would get through the situations that come about in my life. Some situations being as simple as praying to God to help me get through my tennis match and use my gifts to my best ability. Others being way more intense and serious. He is who I pray to most every night searching for the right answers and leading me in to the right path. Without faith, they would be meaningless conversations. I know at times my faith is not as strong in situations that are traumatising and hard to believe God would let happen to me and innocent loved ones, but I am a firm believer in letting God take control, Him knowing your purpose and future in life.
It is difficult for me to recognize the presence of God in my life. Religion has always been a reoccurring thought for me, however I remain unsure about what my beliefs actually are. I do believe there is something much greater than anything we can grasp. As humans we relate to things concrete. I often think God is recognized as a man and his stories are those in which we can relate. For instance heaven as being a place we all end up, I see it as a state of pure understanding. I do believe in God, as being everything within us and around us. I do not fully love and understand myself making it more difficult to love or understand the concept of God. We are here to love and accept ourselves, to then project our love to those around us. Once this is established only then can we find and understand God.
For me I don't believe there is a way for God not to exist in my life. I used to have those doubting moments, and those moments lasted for years but I've finally realized that it's through my struggles and when only God is left, i know God is enough. I see God in my life everyday, not a day passes by that I don't thank Him. I always think, what if i woke up today with only the things I thanked God for yesterday? God is present in so many parts of my life. I see Him through my friends and family. My friends are always there for me with open arms and accept me for me, failures and all, just like God. And although I struggle with my relationships with family members I know God wouldn't give me something I couldn't handle. I see God through nature. The morning chill, the rising sun, and mostly in the stars. I see God in me, so many teens and even adults have told me that I am inspiring to them and a faithful servant of God. That I am their blessing. One of my friends always says I am her guardian angel here on earth and that makes me feel so good that I am doing what God has called me to do, my purpose is to serve and love others. God is present in my life through the people in my parish. So many families have touched my life and helped me to grow in my faith and learn that it's not a religion but a relationship. I find God through retreats I attend. Grant i've been on 9, each one is different and opens my eyes to the glorious creations of God and how He truly blesses me. Finally, God is most predominantly present to me through the sacraments. I cannot go a week without going to church. To feel His love through the community is so incredible and to receive Jesus through communion as body and blood is unimaginable. The fact that Jesus loved me so much to die for me is astonishing.
1. Creation- every living thing is connected in some way or another whether recognized or not
2. Mankind- the Bible says we're made in God's image
3. Freedom- God allows me to have free will which allows me to enjoy life and all His creation
4. Health- I have been fortunate enough to be born healthy and not had any major health problems
5. Family- no family is perfect including mine, but at least I have one which a lot of people aren't priveleged to have
1. Life- we have the honor to wake up everyday and live for some kind of purpose. We don't just wake up on our own but because God allows us to.
2. Nature- the beauty of the out doors was made by God. Nature gives us a calm and relaxing way to connect with God.
3. Love- God creates someone for everyone. God wants everyone to experience love but he also wants us to know if no one loves us he always will.
4. Freedom- God has put us on this earth to follow his plan for us, but he gives us free will as a gift and a curse. As we are free of choice we also have the freedom to think and do for our selves. With our decisions we make our own path but God is always with us.
5. Death- After we have done what God has made our purpose for he calls us home. We die only to live life after death. We go to the kingdom of heaven, where God and our other passed loved ones await for us.
1. Me: I know that G-d exist because I exist. I know that He lives through me
2. Others: I know that G-d lives Through others because I see it in the actions that others do for each other and me.
3. The earth: I could look at the earth and all of it's splendors and see that nothing of earthly power or to our knowledge could ever create something so beautiful
4. Love: G-d is love. i do not need to say anything else. He is perfect love and all love reflects his love for us.
5. Difficultys : G-d is present during these times for he carries us through them, we could not even move a single stone with out his help
I believe that God is present in the world, although his presence isn't always felt. Although it sounds cliche, I truly believe that God has a plan for every single one of us, as I have always recovered and moved on past my hardships and have become a better person. Additionally, five more reasons I believe God exists are:
1.) My near-death experiences. Recently, I almost died. Prior to the accident I was so lost in my own world that I started to lose myself within myself, if that makes sense.The accident, however, was a wakeup call for me. Astonishingly, I was able to walk away from it without a concussion, something that doctors have never been able to explain to me. However, I've forged and rebuilt so many new relationships since that accident and changed so drastically that I'm convinced that God had a hand in saving me.
2.) The similarities of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. The Bible (including the Torah) and the Q'uran, although written years and years and years apart in different areas, are so similar in writings and experiences that it can't be a mere coincidence. In addition, the prophet Mohammad claims to have been visited by the angel Gabriel. How can the three largest monotheistic religions all stem from the same beliefs? Well, because the beliefs are Truth. God's Truth, that is.
3.) Time. What is time? How is it that humans are able to run on such a rigid time schedule? Where did time come from? The answer to each of these three questions is God. God created time. He gave us time to accomplish our mission - to be kind, help our neighbor, and spread His word through words and actions. If time did not exist, nothing else would exist or everything would exist. Time is a mystery, and everything mysterious that can't be explained is always the work of God Himself. I think about time a lot. Humans COULD stay up all day and all night, or sleep randomly in the middle of the day. Instead, we have school at certain times and sleep at other times and have times to eat and times to hang out. Time time time time. Time didn't have to exist, but God wanted it to exist. We just don't know anything different.
4.) Love. Of course everyone says that Love proves God's existence because it is the easiest (and sometimes the hardest) to spot. It is impossible to explain the feeling of absolute comfort and ease in the presence of your family or best friend. Love is so much more than that, however. Love is the feeling that no matter what you do, those who love you will never abandon you. If you don't believe in love or have been left by loved ones, you haven't been looking in the right places. There is a difference between love and care. Those who love you won't leave you, those who care will help you, but may leave just as quickly as they come. God must have created love; such strong feelings could not have been developed by humans alone and Adam and Eve, the first humans, must have loved each other. They stayed together despite their original sin. God developed love so that we wouldn't be alone in the world.
5.) People. The fact that every single person is unique with their own personality, nature, and physical look is proof that God exists. Yes, genes and hereditary have much to do with it, but without God, there would be no genes to inherit. In addition, I am close to a wide variety of different people from this school and other schools. God has brought us together. There is no possible way that I would have ever ebcome close with these people without God's influence.